Sometimes it's hard to know
WHAT TO DO WITH A COMPOST PACK?
- Pop it in your own compost (making sure to remove the seal and any labels first).
- Don’t have one? Think about setting one up. Did you know, approximately half of what households send to landfill is compostable material. 10% is from the garden and whopping 40% is from the kitchen.There are a number of ways to compost depending on your situation, there’s a great guide here. If you’re in Oz you might be able to save up to 80% on compost bins and worm farms with your local council!
- Not interested in composting or just don’t have the space? Here are some other options …
- Does your work collect food scraps for composting? If so, just pop your used pack in with your sandwich crusts.
- No? Why not encourage your work to do just that. There are a number of recycling companies which will collect compostable waste and make sure it is recycled.